Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Try my most popular Easy Sauce Recipes! More than 35 easy sauces for every meal you plan to make, from sauces for breakfast to dessert sauces and everything in between.
These simple homemade sauces have all been tested in my home kitchen, and are the recipes our readers love the most! All of my easy sauce recipes use just a handful of ingredients and take only minutes to make.
Find your new favorite here, and share it with me in the comments below. What sauces would you like to see next? Let us know!
Easy Sauce Recipes
Sweet Simple Sauces
Sauce Recipes FAQs
Typically, the 3 primary ingredients you will find in a sauce are a liquid base such as wine or stock, aromatics and herbs, and dairy. Some sauces only require mixing, and not cooking, so the necessary ingredients vary.
In cooking, there is a term for 5 staple sauces: mother sauce. Mother sauces make up the base of other sauces that build off of them. These sauces are bechamel, espagnole, veloute, hollandaise, and tomato sauce.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Easy Sauce Recipes
Easy Sauce Recipe
- 2 sticks salted butter room temperature (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons) - or use unsalted and add ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped; or use 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- In a medium bowl, add butter, garlic, and parsley. Mix until well-combined.2 sticks salted butter, 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, 4 cloves garlic
- From here, you can wrap the butter in plastic wrap to store as a log, or make into a sauce. To make it into a garlic butter sauce, add it to a saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes or until completely melted. Pour over desired dish.
- Unsalted butter may also be used, but salt should be added. If using unsalted butter, add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Other herbs (including dry herbs) can also be used, such as thyme or rosemary instead of parsley. A mix of herbs can also be used.
- For every 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs, use 1 teaspoon dried herbs.