Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce recipe is an easy way to make any meal gourmet. It's ready in just 10 minutes using 5 simple ingredients plus salt and pepper. Try creamy lemon butter sauce on everything from chicken to seafood! It's even keto-friendly.
- Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce FAQs
- Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients
- How to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe Tips
- Garlic Lemon Sauce Variations
- Lemon Butter Sauce for Chicken
- Easy Butter Sauce Recipes
- What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
My creamy garlic lemon butter sauce is the sauce dreams are made of. It's the type of buttery garlic sauce you can add to anything to make it restaurant-quality. Garlicky and lemony with a splash of heavy cream, this is a truly rich sauce recipe my family loves on everything from chicken to seafood.
If you know me, you know how obsessed I am with my Garlic Butter Sauce (and trust me, if you try it, you will be too!). It seemed natural to add lemon and cream to the equation to bring it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Give this sauce recipe a try with chicken tenders, steak, salmon, or even roasted vegetables, and let me know what you think in the comments. I guarantee you and your family will love it! If you've ever had Carrabba's lemon butter sauce, you will enjoy mine just as much.
This sauce was amazing! We served with smoked salmon - it was divine! Excellent recipe.Reena on Pinterest
Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce FAQs
Lemon butter sauce is made of minced garlic or garlic paste, fresh lemon juice, white wine, butter, salt and pepper, and heavy cream. This easy white wine cream sauce is richly flavorful and pairs well with every protein.
Lemon butter sauce is keto-friendly and therefore a great choice for a low carb meal plan.
Garlic lemon butter sauce is gluten-free.
Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients
- Garlic, minced
- White wine or chicken broth
- Heavy cream or half & half
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add minced garlic.
- Cook garlic down for 2-3 minutes, then squeeze in lemon juice.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, before adding white wine. Stir.
- Simmer down for 2-3 minutes, then add in remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and mix well. Serve, and enjoy!
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe Tips
- Cooking chicken with lemon garlic butter sauce? Try marinating your chicken first in my Chicken Breast Marinade!
- Always slowly add the cream when making creamy lemon butter sauce, or any sauce using dairy. If you add it too quickly it may heat too fast and curdle.
- If you want to add herbs, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh. Use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for every 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs.
- Light cream can be used instead of heavy cream if you need the sauce to be a little lighter, but please note the consistency won't be the same.
Garlic Lemon Sauce Variations
- Add fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, rosemary, or thyme.
- Capers add an additional tang that pairs well with this sauce.
- Our mushroom and onions would be delicious cooked in garlic lemon butter sauce.
Lemon Butter Sauce for Chicken
This sauce is always my secret to amazing chicken. You can cook up a roasted chicken and serve it with this delicious sauce and it will elevate your meal to a whole new leave.
This sauce is also amazing over grilled chicken breast. No more boring chicken in your house when you have this sauce around!
Easy Butter Sauce Recipes
What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Serve as a lemon butter sauce for pasta.
- This is a perfect lemon butter sauce for steak. I love it a juicy London Broil with my London Broil Marinade.
- Lemon butter sauce for salmon is incomparable. Try this Sous Vide Salmon.
- I love garlic lemon butter sauce for crab legs.
- In fact, there is nothing like creamy lemon butter sauce for seafood - try it with shrimp, too!
- Lemon garlic sauce for chicken is a must. Try this Lemon Butter Sauce Chicken.
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 lemon
- 8 Tablespoons butter divided into 5 tablespoons and 3 tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 5 Tablespoons butter and add minced garlic.8 Tablespoons butter, 1 Tablespoon garlic
- Cook garlic down for 2-3 minutes, then squeeze in lemon juice.1 lemon
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, before adding white wine. Stir.1 cup white wine
- Simmer down for 2-3 minutes, then add in remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.8 Tablespoons butter, salt and pepper
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and mix well. Serve, and enjoy!½ cup heavy cream