Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Easy Homemade Chocolate Sauce is the perfect dipping sauce or drizzle for ice cream, fresh fruit, crepes, cheesecake... you name it! This simple chocolate sauce uses just two ingredients and takes only minutes to make.
Best Chocolate Sauce for Ice Cream and More
I love, love, love drizzling chocolate sauce on all my favorite desserts. Ice cream, strawberry shortcake, homemade cheesecake - you name it, I love it with my homemade chocolate sauce!
The best thing about this easy chocolate sauce recipe is that it really is that: easy. It's so simple to make using just two ingredients, and you can whip it up in literally a minute or two.
Add my homemade chocolate syrup to your favorite dessert recipes or even to breakfasts like pancakes, waffles, and crepes, and you'll be just as obsessed with it as my family is. Trust me!
Chocolate sauce becomes grainy when it is heated for too long or incorrectly, due to moisture levels in the chocolate. Heat homemade chocolate sauce in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, to keep it smooth and creamy. Heating for longer than 30 seconds at a time may cause the chocolate to seize, which will give it a grainy texture.
Homemade chocolate sauce will last up to 5-7 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Reheat chocolate sauce in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between intervals, until smooth and creamy again.
What to Serve with Chocolate Sauce
- Strawberry Crepes
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mix it into a glass of milk
- Drizzle it over cake or brownies
- Add it to pancakes or waffles
Dessert Sauce Recipes
Try more of my sweet sauce recipes:
- Best Whipped Cream Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Butterscotch
- Caramelized Apple Topping
View our Chocolate Sauce Web Story
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Sauce (2 Ingredients)
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Spoon or small whisk
- 2½ Tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add both ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl.2½ Tablespoons heavy cream, ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between intervals, until fully melted and smooth.
- Stir until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over your favorite desserts or sweet breakfast ideas!
- Chocolate sauce becomes grainy when it is heated for too long or incorrectly, due to moisture levels in the chocolate. Heat homemade chocolate sauce in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, to keep it smooth and creamy. Heating for longer than 30 seconds at a time may cause the chocolate to seize, which will give it a grainy texture.