Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Sauteed Apples recipe is the most delicious caramelized apple topping for pancakes, waffles, pound cake, and more! This is a quick and easy recipe for apples with cinnamon, brown sugar, and a blend of seasonings that give them an extra pop of flavor like you wouldn't believe. Ready in under 15 minutes!
Easy Sauteed Cinnamon Apples
My family loves caramelized apples. They're a delicious dessert on their own, but what I love to use them for is as a sauce for breakfast and dessert. This is the best apple topping for pancakes, waffles, pound cake, dump cakes, and more.
The best part about this amazing caramelized apple topping is that it takes only 12 minutes to make. Cut the apples, saute them, and enjoy! It's a perfect breakfast or dessert topping that stores well and adds so much flavor to everything you add it to.
I love topping Starbucks Pumpkin bread with these delicious caramelized apples. It is an amazing combination of flavors. What's your favorite meal to pair sauteed apples with? Let me know in the comments below - I love to hear from you!
Granny smith apples are the best apples for sauteing. They are firm with a crisp texture and tart, subtly sweet flavor. This means they pair well with the sweet flavors of the brown sugar glaze.
You can use light brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar to make sauteed apples, but the end result will have less of a caramel taste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
After cooling, store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Make sure to label with the freezing date. I like to portion my apples out into individual serving sizes to easily reheat them for my meals. Heat in a skillet over medium-low heat until thawed.
What to Serve with Sauteed Apples
- Homemade pancakes
- Pound cake
- French toast
- Apple crumble
- Apple dump cake
And so much more! This is a perfect caramelized apple topping for pancakes, apple crumble topping recipe, apple crisp topping recipe, and even apple topping for cheesecake.
Dessert Sauce Recipes
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try my sauteed apples topping? Let me know in the comments below! I love to hear from you.
Sauteed Apples - Caramelized Apple Topping
- Two bowls
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cardamom
- A pinch of allspice
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Peel and cut apple into ¼” slices. Mix sugar with spices in a small bowl and set aside. In another small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup of water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add apple to the pan and sauté until almost tender stirring constantly, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and the sugar mixture to the pan and allow to boil for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Or, freeze in a freezer-safe container after cooling for up to 6 months. Label with the freezing date.
- Try sauteed apples on waffles, pancakes, pound cake, apple crisp, and even cheesecake!