Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
This is the Best Chimichurri Sauce Recipe for serving with everything from steak to chicken, fish, pork, and more! My recipe for chimichurri sauce uses simple ingredients and is ready in minutes. All you have to do is mix it together in a bowl!
Best Chimichurri Recipe for Everything
If you know me, you know how much I love steak dinners. My chimichurri sauce recipe started as a condiment to add to an incredible Porterhouse steak, but after trying it over beef I knew I had to try it over everything else I could think of. That bowl of chimichurri sauce was gone! My family and I totally devoured it.
Now, I've tried this same chimichurri sauce recipe over steak, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables... it's good on everything. It's a perfect combination of flavors for pairing with your protein of choice, without overpowering the meal.
What makes this the best chimichurri sauce recipe is just how easy and flavorful it is. All you have to do is mix your ingredients in a bowl, no blender or food processor required. Because you don't need any special tools, it takes just minutes to mix.
Give it a try with your favorite protein, and let me know what you think! I guarantee you'll love it as much as my family and I do.
Chimichurri sauce uses fresh parsley, fresh oregano, sea salt, ground pepper, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and olive oil.
While many chimichurri sauce recipes call for cilantro, chimichurri sauce without cilantro is possible. My chimichurri sauce recipe does not use cilantro, but instead uses a mix of fresh parsley and fresh oregano.
Chimichurri sauce has a bright and herbaceous flavor, with a little kick of spice from red pepper flakes. It's just the right amount of flavor, without being overpowering.
Chimichurri sauce can be eaten with beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, pasta, tofu, and more. It pairs well with most flavors. Try it in beef burritos or fish tacos!
Store chimichurri sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Gremolata contains less ingredients than chimichurri sauce and also uses lemon zest, whereas chimichurri sauce does not.
Pesto combines basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and a hard cheese such as Parmesan, and is processed into a paste-like consistency in a food processor. Chimichurri sauce does not contain cheese or nuts, uses different herbs and spices, and has a more sauce-like texture than pesto. Really, the only similarity is that both sauces are green!
How to Make Chimichurri Sauce
- Add fresh parsley, fresh oregano, sea salt, ground pepper, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and olive oil to a bowl.
- Mix using a fork, spoon, or whisk, until thoroughly combined.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Herb Scissors - Herb scissors make it so easy to chop herbs. They're totally essential!
- Garlic Smasher - Mincing garlic has never been easier than with a garlic smasher. If you don't have this tool, you need it. It even comes with a roller that removes the skin from the garlic easily.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes: The most amazing Maldon Salt. If you do nothing else, sprinkle a tiny bit of maldon salt on your recipes. I promise, it will change your recipes!
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven: I have had my Le Creuset Dutch Oven for many years. It is an amazing kitchen staple.
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet: I love my Le Creuset Dutch Oven so much, I purchased this skillet. It is just amazing.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Slicing Knife: Hands down the best knife for slicing beef! This is a true kitchen staple.
- Yaxell Mon 8" Chef's Knife: I highly recommend everyone own a good chef's knife. It will make your chopping so much easier!
- Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet: If you cook for a large family like I do, an electric skillet is an absolute must. It enables you to cook in large batches.
- All-Clad Slow Cooker, 7-Quart: I love slow cooker recipes. This is my current slow cooker and it does a great job.
Savory Sauce Recipes
Try more of my favorite savory sauces:
- Avocado Crema Recipe
- Best Asian Marinade
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Red Wine Sauce
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- Homemade Nando's Peri Peri Sauce
- White Garlic Sauce
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Best Chimichurri Sauce Recipe without Cilantro
- Fork, spoon, or whisk
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems
- ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Finely mince the parsley and oregano.1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems, ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems, ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems, ⅓ Cup Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper, 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar, ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic, ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over your meal. Serve and enjoy!
- For a less spicy chimichurri sauce, leave out the red pepper flakes.