Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Avocado Crema Recipe with Garlic and Lime is a zesty cream sauce perfect for pairing with Mexican and Southwestern dishes! If you're a fan of guacamole, you will love this easy sauce recipe. It's ready in minutes using 4 simple ingredients plus salt and pepper!
Avocado Crema Recipe
My family and I are big fans of Mexican recipes. Tacos of all kinds are a staple in our household, and we love Mexican breakfasts like chilaquiles and migas! Guacamole has always been one of my favorite toppings to serve with Mexican food, but what's even better is this creamy, tangy avocado cream sauce.
My Avocado Lime Crema recipe is a dream come true. It's made with everything you love in guacamole, but smooth enough to drizzle over your favorite meals so every last bite is full of delicious avocado-lime flavor.
I absolutely love this recipe. It's one of my family's favorite Mexican sauce recipes and is guaranteed to add so much to everything you add it to. Try it with eggs for breakfast, tacos for lunch, or steak for dinner... the list goes on!
Made this twice in the last week!! Husband can’t stop eating it! I love recipes that have choices to use what I have already, DELICIOUS!!Linda Marie
What is avocado crema?
Our Avocado Creme recipe is a mixture of ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, Greek yogurt or sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
It's inspired by Mexican crema recipes, which are thicker and richer than regular sour cream, similar to crème fraîche. The cool flavor of crema makes it a perfect pairing for spicy dishes.
The difference between our Avocado crema recipe and Mexican crema is in the ingredients used, but both are smooth and richly flavorful sauces. The addition of avocado and seasoning makes this Avocado cream sauce stand out!
This was delicious. I made this using dairy free sour cream and it was very tasty!Emma
Avocado Cream Ingredients
- avocados ripe
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- garlic powder
- lime juice or fresh lemon juice
- Maldon sea salt or kosher salt
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro, optional
Avocado Creme Recipe
- Place avocados, Greek yogurt/sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth without lumps. Make sure there are no lumps!
- Taste, add additional salt and pepper if necessary, and serve!
Get those tortilla chips out and get ready to dip! You are in for a treat.
Avocado Crema Recipe FAQs
My avocado creme recipe uses only gluten-free ingredients.
This is one of the most delicious keto sauces! It makes everything taste better!
This creamy avocado dressing will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container. You can make it ahead of time and have it ready for meals all week
What to Serve with Avocado Crema Sauce
- Drizzle it over ground beef enchiladas. It is out of this world!
- This dip is perfect for any Mexican-inspired dishes.
- Mexican beef recipes like Carne Picada go well with avocado lime crema.
- Drizzle it over Chilaquiles.
- Take those sweet potato fries to the next level!
- Air Fryer Mushrooms dipped in this sauce make for a gourmet appetizer.
- It makes a delicious dressing on Grilled Chicken Salad.
- I love to drizzle it on top of my Shrimp Rice Bowl.
The creamy avocado sauce is light and smooth with a refreshing, tangy flavor. That makes it ideal for serving with dishes that pack a lot of heat, or traditional Mexican foods that pair well with avocado.
Tools Needed to Make Crema Sauce
Mexican Sauce Recipes
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Avocado Crema Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice from 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- ½ tsp. maldon sea salt or kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Place greek yogurt, avocados, lime juice, and all seasoning in a food processor or blender.2 large avocados, 1 cup Greek yogurt, ½ tsp. garlic powder, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, ½ tsp. maldon sea salt, ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Blend until smooth and creamy, with no lumps.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if desired. Serve, and enjoy!