Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Avocado Crema Recipe with Garlic and Lime is a zesty cream sauce perfect for pairing with Mexican and Southwestern dishes! If you're a fan of guacamole, you will love this easy sauce recipe.
It's ready in minutes using 4 simple ingredients plus salt and pepper!
Best Avocado Crema Recipe
My family and I are big fans of Mexican recipes. Tacos of all kinds are a staple in our household, and we love Mexican breakfasts like chilaquiles and migas! Guacamole has always been one of my favorite toppings to serve with Mexican food, but what's even better is this creamy, tangy avocado cream sauce.
My Avocado Lime Crema recipe is a dream come true. It's made with everything you love in guacamole, but smooth enough to drizzle over your favorite meals so every last bite is full of delicious avocado-lime flavor.
I absolutely love this recipe. It's one of my family's favorite Mexican sauce recipes and is guaranteed to add so much to everything you add it to. Try it with eggs for breakfast, tacos for lunch, or steak for dinner... the list goes on!
Amazing you have to try it!@sokaina1981
What is avocado crema?
Our Avocado Creme recipe is a mixture of ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, Greek yogurt or sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
It's inspired by Mexican crema recipes, which are thicker and richer than regular sour cream, similar to crème fraîche. The cool flavor of crema makes it a perfect pairing for spicy dishes.
The difference between our Avocado crema recipe and Mexican crema is in the ingredients used, but both are smooth and richly flavorful sauces. The addition of avocado and seasoning makes this Avocado cream sauce stand out!
Avocado Lime Crema Ingredients
- avocados ripe
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- garlic powder
- lime juice from 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- Maldon sea salt or kosher salt
- black pepper
How to Make Avocado Crema
- Place avocados, Greek yogurt/sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth without lumps. Make sure there are no lumps!
- Taste, add additional salt and pepper if necessary, and serve!
Avocado Crema Recipe FAQs
My avocado creme recipe uses only gluten-free ingredients.
This is one of the most delicious keto sauces! It makes everything taste better!
This creamy avocado dressing will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container. You can make it ahead of time and have it ready for meals all week
What to Serve with Crema Sauce
- London Broil made with my amazing London Broil Marinade with this sauce is as good as any steak recipe I have tried at a restaurant. It is out of this world!
- Mexican beef recipes like Carne Picada go well with avocado lime crema
- Drizzle it over Chilaquiles
- Air Fryer Mushrooms dipped in this sauce make for a gourmet appetizer
The creamy avocado sauce is light and smooth with a refreshing, tangy flavor. That makes it ideal for serving with dishes that pack a lot of heat, or traditional Mexican foods that pair well with avocado.
It's the perfect avocado sauce for birria tacos. We also love it as an avocado dipping sauce for nachos!
Tools Needed to Make Crema Sauce
- Food processor or blender
- Airtight container for storage - like a mini mason jar
Best Sauce Recipes
- Crema Sauce
- Quesadilla Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Romesco Sauce
- Red Enchilada Sauce
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Amazing Avocado Crema Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice from 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- ½ tsp. maldon sea salt or kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Place greek yogurt, avocados, lime juice, and all seasoning in a food processor or blender.2 large avocados, 1 cup Greek yogurt, ½ tsp. garlic powder, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, ½ tsp. maldon sea salt, ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Blend until smooth and creamy, with no lumps.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if desired. Serve, and enjoy!
Liliana Chamg says
Convencida de que es muy buena y rica crema.
La prepararé mañana y le comento.
Thank you very much for your comment, Liliana! 💖 We hope you enjoy the sauce!
This was so easy and delicious! The consistency was perfect and I topped it over my tacos. This is a great recipe, thank you!
I halved the recipe and used a garlic clove instead of powder. And in my Magic Bullet. Easy and delicious!
Isabel Laessig says
That's awesome, Alana! Thank you for your comment, we're glad you enjoyed it!
this was pretty great. I used a dairy alternative for the sour cream. I topped my taco zucchini boats with this. Yum!
Isabel Laessig says
That sounds delicious! Thank you for your comment, Nicole!
Tasted good. Mine seemed really thick, thinned some with EVOO but still not drizzle consistency.
Glad you enjoyed it, Joe! Thank you for your comment!
André Zakkour says
Hi, planning on trying this tonight. How many avacados should I use. I don’t see it listed in the recipe. Thank you.
Hi André! You would use 2 avocados. The quantity of ingredients is listed in the recipe card at the bottom of each post - I hope this helps! Thank you and please enjoy!