Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Easy Horseradish Sauce recipe comes together in just 5 minutes using only a handful of ingredients. Mix it all in a bowl, and serve! Horseradish sauce pairs well with beef, sandwiches, potatoes, vegetables, and more.
My creamy horseradish sauce is the perfect pairing for so many of your favorite dishes. This sauce has the perfect balance of flavors and comes together in just a few minutes!
This is a minimal-effort recipe. All you need are the ingredients, a whisk, and a bowl! The smooth, zippy flavors of my creamy horseradish sauce recipe complement any beef roast.
I like to drizzle this sauce over beef tenderloin and steak, and especially a prime rib roast! It's great for keeping in your fridge to use as a condiment for roast beef sandwiches or as a substitute for sour cream in a baked potato. My family loves it as a dip for fresh vegetables, too.
What is horseradish?
Prepared horseradish is a condiment made from the large, white horseradish root and is readily available at the grocery store.
Horseradish is in the same family as mustard and wasabi, so you know it packs quite a bite! It is most widely used as a condiment, both by itself and as an ingredient in sauces and dressings.
You can use as little or as much horseradish as you like in this easy sauce recipe. It all varies by taste. A little bit of horseradish goes a long way, so if you're unfamiliar with the flavor I would suggest starting with smaller amounts and adding more as you taste!
Horseradish Recipe Ingredients
- sour cream
- Dijon mustard
- 1White vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chopped chives plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Horseradish Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together to fully combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Horseradish Sauce Recipes FAQs
Horseradish is a common ingredient served with prime rib as it cuts through and compliments the buttery richness of the beef. Making it into a creamy horseradish sauce adds a velvety texture and tangy flavor perfect for pairing with prime rib.
The only ingredient you need to be mindful of is the Worcestershire sauce as not all are gluten-free. To be safe, purchase a gluten-free version or leave out Worcestershire altogether.
To freeze horseradish sauce, place it in an airtight bag and freeze for up to 6-8 months. Make sure to label it with the freezing date and allow to thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use.
How to Store Homemade Horseradish Sauce
Storing creamy horseradish sauce is super simple! Just place it in an airtight container and leave it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I like to put the sauce in a mason jar and cover it tightly with the lid. It is perfect to dip carrots or celery sticks in for a quick and wholesome snack!
What to Serve with Horseradish Sauce
Creamy Sauce Recipes
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- White Garlic Sauce
- Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Mayo Mustard Sauce
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped chives plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.1 ½ cup sour cream, ¼ cup prepared horseradish, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon White vinegar, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ tablespoon fresh chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk ingredients together to fully combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Store horseradish sauce in an airtight container and leave it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- You can use as little or as much horseradish as you like in this easy sauce recipe. It all varies by taste.