Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Ham Glaze Recipe makes the best glaze for ham! You are going to love this easy, delicious brown sugar glaze. It's packed with flavor and simple to make using 3 ingredients in less than 5 minutes.
Easy Ham Glaze
My maple syrup and brown sugar ham glaze is the best glaze for ham I have ever tried, hands down. I make it at least once every year for Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, and it is always a hit with my family and friends.
I have cooked a lot of ham over the years, and have tried plenty of different ham glaze recipes. Nothing can beat how easy this one is. It uses only 3 ingredients and comes together in as many minutes. All you have to do is add the ingredients to a bowl, and mix!
So, the secret ingredient to the perfect ham glaze… the green onions! It adds an unexpectedly mild flavor of onions combined with the sweetness of the sugar. It is an amazing combination!
3 Ingredient Ham Glaze
- maple syrup
- dark brown sugar or light brown sugar
- onions sliced
Glaze for Ham Recipe
This is the easiest and most delicious ham glaze you will ever make!
- Combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3 sliced green onions in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Brush the glaze on your ham and in between each slice.
Honey Glaze for Ham Tips
- I like to use spiral-cut hams, bone-in ham, or ham slices.
- For best results, cook your ham with 1 cup of orange juice or pineapple juice at the bottom of the pan.
- I love reverse searing the ham with half a stick of butter.
- The tastiest hams are the ones where the flavor of the glaze comes through in every bite. I recommend not only glazing the outside of the ham but also adding the glaze in between every slice if using a spiral ham.
- I always double this recipe and serve the Brown Sugar Ham Sauce on the side for extra deliciousness. It is perfect for refreshing leftover ham.
My other favorite ham glaze is bourbon ham glaze. This recipe is also just as amazing!
Ham Glaze Recipe FAQs
Brown sugar glaze uses maple syrup, brown sugar, and green onions. Additionally, I cook the ham with orange juice and plenty of butter for amazing flavor.
Whether you glaze a ham covered or uncovered depends on the cooking method you are using. If you are cooking a honey-glazed ham in the Instant Pot, it requires no cover. If you are cooking it in the air fryer, cover it with foil, then uncover it halfway through the cooking time to add more glaze. If cooking ham in the oven, glaze it uncovered.
Glaze oven-baked ham within the last 30 minutes of cooking the ham. Cook for an hour in the oven, then remove and glaze the outside of the ham and between each slice, before cooking for an additional 30 minutes. If cooking in the Instant Pot or Air Fryer, the ham can be glazed immediately.
Easy Ham Glaze Recipe Variations
- Replace maple syrup with honey for a honey ham glaze!
- Instead of maple syrup and brown sugar, try using honey and sriracha!
- I recommend you play around with the taste of your favorite spices. Some flavors that work well are cinnamon, whole cloves, and nutmeg.
Best Ham Recipes
Best Ham Glaze Recipes
Check out my all-time favorite ham glazes Ham Glazes.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Ham Glaze Recipe
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 green onions sliced
- Combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3 sliced green onions to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Use to glaze your ham and enjoy!
- For best results, cook your ham with 1 cup orange juice at the bottom of the pan, and reverse sear it with a half a stick of butter.