Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
If you love trying out new flavors or are a fan of Korean cuisine, you're going to want to try my Kimchi Mayo! This is an easy sauce inspired by Korean BBQ that elevates every meal. Plus, you'll be amazed by how easy kimchi mayonnaise is to make: you only need two ingredients!
Recently, I took a business trip with my husband Ron where I had the opportunity to eat at an incredible Korean barbecue restaurant. I haven't stopped thinking about it since the trip - just thinking about it has me daydreaming about Korean BBQ again! Needless to say, I've been experimenting with how I can make similar foods at home.
This Kimchi Mayo is the product of testing out different bulgogi recipes and pairing them with homemade sauces. And oh, hold on to your taste buds! The bold and tangy kimchi flavor mixes so well with velvety, creamy mayo for a true game-changer!
Here's the best part: you can whip up this easy sauce in just a few minutes with two simple ingredients. From burgers to sandwiches, tacos to dipping sauce, there's no limit to what you can pair with kimchi mayo!
Kimchi Mayo Sauce Ingredients
How to Make Kimchi Mayonnaise
- Add both ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, and enjoy on your favorite recipes!
Kimchi Mayonnaise Recipe Tips
- Use a high-quality or homemade mayonnaise: This will help make a significant difference in the overall taste and texture of the sauce. Japanese mayonnaise tends to be creamier and sweeter than American mayonnaise. If you can get your hands on Kewpie brand, try it for this recipe!
- Add other flavors: You can easily add even more depth to your kimchi mayo with flavors like ginger, garlic, sesame oil, or soy sauce!
- Use a blender for mixing to ensure your kimchi mayo is nice and smooth!
Storing Korean Mayonnaise
Kimchi mayo should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consumed within 10 days. To help keep the sauce fresh and flavorful, make sure to give it a good stir before each use!
Spicy Kimchi Mayo FAQs
Kimchi mayo is a delicious condiment that combines the flavors of bold and spicy kimchi with the smooth and creamy texture of mayonnaise! It's made by blending together mayonnaise and chopped kimchi for a rich and tangy sauce with a slight kick that adds flavor and depth to any dish!
Kimchi mayo can be spicy, depending on the amount of kimchi you add and what type you use. Because kimchi is typically made with chili pepper flakes, it can have a naturally spicy flavor; when mixed with mayo, it tends to mellow out, but there might still be a kick of spice.
Asian Sauce Recipes
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Asian Marinade for Chicken
- Vegan Fish Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Sriracha Mayo Recipe
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
If you enjoyed the recipe, leave a comment and a rating below!
- ½ cup kimchi
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Add both ingredients to a blender.½ cup kimchi, ½ cup mayonnaise
- Blend until smooth and creamy, enjoy on your favorite recipes!
- Use a high-quality or homemade mayonnaise: This will help make a significant difference in the overall taste and texture of the sauce.
- Add other flavors: You can easily add more depth to your kimchi mayo, with flavors like ginger, garlic, sesame oil, or soy sauce.
- Use a blender for mixing: Ensure your kimchi mayo is smooth!
- Store kimchi mayo in an airtight container: Placed in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Leave a Reply